Recipe by Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
3 cups potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled, and cut into 1-inch dice
1 cup apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch dice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon Dijon or whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons finely diced red or green onion
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Toss potatoes with1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly browned and just tender, about 15–20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the apples and onions and brown slightly, about 1 minute.
- You want them to remain firm.
- Remove apples and onions to a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Add warm potatoes to apples and toss with dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 4. Prep time, 20 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.