Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
4 leaves of lettuce
4 very thin slices of onion, 1/8-inch thick or thinner
4 slices tomato, about 1/4-inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Vegenaise
1 small clove garlic crushed and minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Juice of one lemon, divided
Bread of choice, 4 slices
1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, half of the lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix to coat each asparagus spear and broil in the oven on high until they start to char, but are still bright green, about 6 minutes.
- Shake the sheet a few times while cooking to loosen asparagus and evenly cook them.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise with tarragon, garlic, and remainder of the lemon juice.
- Toast bread slices and coat with the tarragon mayonnaise.
- Now build your toastie with lettuce, onion, tomato, and asparagus in between the bread slices. Serve warm!
Serves 2 as an entrée or 4 as an appetizer. Prep time, 12 minutes; cook time, 6 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com