Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
2 peaches or nectarines, or 4 plums cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 slices of bread, preferably whole grain
4 slices of white cheddar or brie, or 6 oz. of chèvre
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mustard of your choice (optional)
Butter (soft) or vegetable oil for the bread
- Heat a heavy skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush fruit lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in pan and cook for about 30 seconds per side, then remove and reduce heat to medium.
- If using mustard, spread on two slices of the bread.
- Divide cheese between the two slices and top with sliced fruit and the other two slices of bread.
- Spread butter on the outsides of all slices or brush with oil.
- Place sandwiches in pan and cook until browned and cheese is melted, about 2–3 minutes per side.
Serves 2. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.
Cook’s note: You can also make these in a panini press or on an outdoor grill.