Recipe by Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
12 slices of baguette, cut 1/2-inch thick diagonally
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup carrot, coarsely grated
1/2 cup peppers (de-stemmed and seeded), coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper or pinch of hot pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Place in oven until lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon onto the toasted crostini.
Serves 4. Prep time, 20 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.