Recipe by Non-Reactive Pan, clarosouthwick.com/blog
1–2 cups summer squash of your choice, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups fresh spinach or salad greens, chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
1 fennel bulb, shaved; or 1 cup fresh basil, shredded
1–2 tablespoons onion or shallot, finely chopped (optional)
1–2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
1–2 tablespoons red vinegar (depending on how tangy you like it)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and place a rimmed baking sheet in to heat up at the same time.
- Rinse all veggies well before prepping.
- Put squash chunks in a bowl with garlic and/or onion (if using), pour over 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil, and mix to coat well.
- Once the oven has preheated, carefully remove the baking sheet, gently spoon on the veggies and oil from the bowl, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook 15–20 minutes or until pieces are lightly browned and just softened.
- After squash is cool, toss in a large bowl with spinach or salad greens and shaved fennel or basil, and drizzle with the desired amount of oil and vinegar.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 15–20 minutes.
Cook’s note: Recipe may be doubled. Serve alongside a frittata or a pizza.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com