Adapted from foodnetwork.com via Rachel Ray
1 pound string beans (3–4 cups), washed and trimmed
1 tablespoon wok or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, several drops or a drizzle
1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (a handful)
Coarse salt to taste
- Steam green beans covered in 1/2-inch boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a colander and run under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- Add wok or vegetable oil, and rotate pan once to coat.
- Add several drops sesame oil and crushed pepper flakes. The pan will smoke.
- Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and coarse salt and toss to coat beans evenly. Remove from heat and serve.
Serves 3–4. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 5–10 minutes.