Adapted from World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey, courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 lb summer squash, trimmed & cut in 1 inch segments
2 scallions, cut into fine rounds
½ lb feta cheese
2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Cut each long piece roughly into 1 ¼ inch segments.
- Put 4 cups water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and stir to mix.
- Add squash and boil rapidly, uncovered, for about 2 minutes, or until the pieces are just tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Pat dry and put in a bowl.
- Check for salt and adjust as needed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Toss to mix and check the salt one last time.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com