Recipe courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 pound sweet Italian frying peppers (such as Jimmy Nardellos)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt to taste
Crusty bread, sliced in half lengthwise
Optional – soft, mild cheese
- Brush the bread with EVOO and slide it under the broiler or into the oven at 325º.
- Slice peppers in quarters lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Rub with EVOO, sprinkle with salt and lay into a hot frying pan over medium heat.
- Flip the peppers over as they brown.
- Spread the bread with a soft, mild cheese (optional).
- Serve the peppers warm on the bread.