Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 pint of cherry or saladette tomatoes (any variety), halved
1 large shallot or small onion, minced
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
small pinch of chili or pepper flakes
enough spaghetti for two
1/4 cup of loosely packed fresh basil (optional)
salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pan, combine the tomatoes, shallots, olive oil, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer over moderate heat and simmer until tomatoes start juicing.
- Turn off the heat before the tomatoes loose their shape.
- Make the pasta.
- Right before the pasta is done give the sauce a little heat.
- Again, not too much heat because we want the tomatoes to keep their shape.
- Slice the basil into strips and add to the sauce.
- Add more salt or pepper if needed.