Adapted from Self Magazine, courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1/2 lb brown lentils, rinsed
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 peppers cored, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
1/4 cup thinly sliced kalamata olives
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place lentils, bay leaves, and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Drain, discarding bay leaves.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add peppers, carrot, tomato, feta, olives, onion, and parsley.
- Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over lentil mixture and toss.
- Makes 4 servings.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com