Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1 cup fresh tomato (for cherry tomatoes, cut in half; for larger tomatoes, remove seeds and cut in 1-inch dice)
1 cup eggplant, peeled and cut in 1-inch dice
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, basil, thyme, or dill, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and eggplant, and sauté until very soft, about 8–10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stir well, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and spread on crostini or toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle desired amount of fresh herbs over top before serving.|
Makes about 2 cups. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com