Adapted from Veggie Venture blog
1 globe eggplant
1–2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1–2 lemons
2 tablespoons tahini
1/4 to 1/2 bunch of parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash eggplant but leave it whole. Prick the skin with a fork or knife tip in a few places so it won’t explode.
- Broil or grill for about 30 minutes, turning every 7–8 minutes. The skin should be blackened. When done, the eggplant will start to deflate.
- Slice off the stem end and let cool. Once cool to the touch, slice into the eggplant (it’ll be a little messy) and scrape the flesh off the skin (a grapefruit spoon works great if you have one).
- Discard the skins and any big chunks of seeds, and let the flesh drain in a colander for 10–15 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix eggplant flesh with remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Adjust to taste. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles or use as a spread.
Yields 1-1/4 cups. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 30 minutes; finishing time, 15–20 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com