Adapted from a recipe by Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup wild rice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1 tablespoon fresh green onions, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet, and sauté onion until translucent.
- Stir in celery, rice, thyme, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and lower to a simmer.
- Cook until tender (40–60 minutes, depending on rice used).
- Stir in raisins or cranberries and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with fresh green onions (if using) and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time 45–65 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com