Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
This is a great recipe for Spring in the Valley when there is an abundance of green garlic and Asian greens. Using almonds instead of the more traditional peanuts or cashews gives the dish a local flair.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch chopped green garlic, white and green parts
1 pound Bok Choy or other Asian green, rinsed, quartered and chopped (depending on size)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt to taste
1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add garlic, then bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame oil and salt.
- Cover, and let the baby bok choy cook down for approximately 3 minutes. (Like spinach, when cooked, the bok choy will wilt a bit.)
- Remove cover. Lower heat, stir and let cook for a minute or two longer, until the bok choy is just tender.
- Remove from heat. In a heavy pan over medium heat, warm almonds.
- Toss almonds regularly to prevent burning. Remove from heat when browning.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com