Adapted from eatingclubvancouver.com
1–2 watermelon radishes
1 tablespoon butter (or more as needed)
1–2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped (optional)
Salt to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon or so)
- Scrub radishes well and remove tops and tips.
- Thinly slice radishes (around 1/8-inch thick).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and add sliced radishes and salt.
- Cook radishes until tender and lightly browned.
- Add more salt as necessary, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve hot as a side dish, or enjoy as a light meal with a green salad and crusty bread.
Serves 2–3 as a side dish. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 10–15 minutes.
Cook’s note: Radishes are not just a garnish! Any kind of radish can be used with this easy, delicious recipe. Just slice and prepare using the above method.