Recipe by Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup onion, in 1/4-inch dice
1–2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
1 sheet puff pastry
1/4 cup grated cheese, Gruyère, Swiss, or Parmesan
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, mix thoroughly, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Spread sweet potato mixture on the puff pastry, leaving about a 1/2-inch border.
- Sprinkle with cheese before drizzling remaining olive oil over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle parsley and green onion on top, and serve warm.
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 35 minutes.