Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 head cabbage (green or red), cored & shredded
3-6 carrots (depending on size), grated
1-2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced or grated
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
pepper to taste
- If using walnuts, toast over medium-high heat in a small frying pan, moving frequently to prevent burning.
- Toast until just brown & tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In the bottom of a large bowl whisk honey, olive oil, salt & lemon juice with whisk or fork until combined.
- Place cabbage, carrots & fennel in the bowl and top with walnuts.
- Toss to combine & dress.
- Serve immediately or chill up to 3 hours.