1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup leek (white and light green parts only) sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup delicata squash, cut in 1/4 inch thick slices
1 Asian pear, in 1/4 inch thick slices
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add leek, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Meanwhile, grease a six inch gratin dish with oil or butter.
- Spread leek mixture in bottom of dish.
- Layer the squash and pear, alternating as you go, to fill the dish in one tight layer.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and thyme.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 30–45 minutes (less time for firmer squash and pear; more time for softer).
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Return to oven until squash is tender and cheese is very lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Prep time: 20 minutes; cook time: 50–65 minutes. Serves 4.