3 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, coarsely torn and divided
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and half of the sage.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown and just beginning to soften, turning frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer Jerusalem artichokes to shallow serving bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sage to skillet; fry until sage darkens and begins to crisp, about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice; simmer 1 minute. Pour lemon-sage butter over Jerusalem artichokes in bowl, tossing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serves 4–5. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.