Farm to School Program
We work with small family farms in your region to bring students the freshest and tastiest fruits and vegetables possible. Each week, you receive a pricing sheet with options so you can choose what's best for your needs. We deliver to hundreds of school sites each week, from Pre-K to high schools.
If you have received USDA FFVP or Farm to School grants we can help you get started and comply with reporting requirements. We also provide produce for Harvest of the Month participants. Our nutrition education resources include posters for classrooms and common areas, teachers' guides, bilingual student flyers, and online resources
We provide various options to customize a program to fit your needs such as:
- A large variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Regionally sourced produce from sustainable family farms
- Organic options
- Small, child-appropriate sized fruits
- Flexible delivery schedules
- Comprehensive invoices with all required information for state compliance reporting
We also go above and beyond to provide free, engaging, and informative nutritional education. Accounts may receive:
- Field Guide to Fruit Colors cafeteria poster
- Two month classroom calendar with seasonal produce theme, nutrition and fitness education, and accompanying teacher’s guide
- Seasonal bilingual Spanish-English fliers with recipes, activities, and nutrition and fitness tips for students to take home
- Eat a Rainbow folder and bookmark in the Fall and Stay Active folder and sticker in the Spring
- Spring time seed germination project
- Nutritional Assemblies
- Visits from The FruitGuys Banana Man
Contact our School Program Manager, Carol Stewart, today for a quote or more information:
877-FRUIT-ME (877-378-4863) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farm to school resources here. Learn about the successes of some of our school partners below.
Banana man and The FruitGuys COO, Erik Muller, delivering fresh fruit to students at Edward Russell Elementary School in Santa Ana, CA. From This Week in Garden Grove.
See more FruitGuys videos on YouTube.
Celebrating Healthy Living - The Banana Man visits DePue Elementary School in DePue, IL. From the Bureau County Republican, November 2009.
The FruitGuys Have a Big Heart - How The FruitGuys helped one school in San Francisco quickly meet their FFVP requirements. From The Alliance of Chief Executives, February 2012
Have kids at college? Send them a healthy care package from The FruitGuys! www.dormsnack.com
Enjoy and be fruitful!