- One roll of ciabatta or baguette
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 cup dry-farmed tomatoes, cored and chopped
- ½ cup basil, coarsely chopped
- Two cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or finely minced
- Two tablespoons red wine or white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the baguette into slices or cut ciabatta roll lengthwise
- Brush bread with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until gently toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool to room temperature (about 5 minutes).
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, and vinegar.
- Crumble or chop the feta and add to the tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, cut the bread into serving sizes (about 4–inch squares).
- Use a slotted spoon to place tomato mixture onto the “toasts.”
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Consider adding 2 or 3 pitted kalamata olives to each bruschetta for added complexity!
Serves 5–6. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.