Recipe by The FruitGuys
- One head broccoli washed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- One daikon radish, cut into julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- One bunch rainbow chard, de-stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- Two large garlic cloves, minced
- Two teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled, and minced
- Three tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- Two tablespoons Chinese rice wine or medium-dry sherry
- One teaspoon sugar
- One teaspoon cornstarch
- One teaspoon salt
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, stir together broth, rice wine or Sherry, sugar, cornstarch, and salt until combined well.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until hot. Add oil and heat until it just begins to smoke.
- Stir-fry broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add daikon radish and stir-fry vegetables for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add chard, garlic, and ginger root and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and add to vegetables.
- Stir-fry vegetables for one minute or so, until bubbly and hot. Serve over brown or white rice.