Recipe by The FruitGuys
- One large bunch collard greens
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Six cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Juice of one Meyer or regular lemon
- Few dashes hot pepper sauce, optional
- Rinse collard greens thoroughly in a large bowl of cold water, and drain.
- Cut off tough stems. Cut leaves into 1/4-inch strips. You should have about six packed cups.
- In a well-seasoned heavy skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add half of the collard greens and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining greens and cook, constantly stirring, for about 10 minutes, until the greens are tender.
- Season with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and a few drops of hot pepper sauce, if desired, and serve.
This recipe serves 2-4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.