Recipe by The FruitGuys
- One large celery root (celeriac)
- 9 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup French green lentils, rinsed and drained
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Two tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Three cloves garlic, peeled, and minced
- One teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place celery root into a medium saucepan with 6 cups of cold water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring salted water to a boil and cook the celery root until it is tender (about 45 minutes).
- Drain, cool, and peel with a paring knife. Cut the celery root into 1/4-inch cubes.
- In a separate pot, add rinsed and drained lentils to 3 cups of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until lentils become tender but still firm to bite (about 20 minutes).
- Drain; cool.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and nutmeg to blend in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper; add cheese.
- Mix celery root, lentils, and dressing in a bowl. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Toss occasionally.)