Recipe by The FruitGuys
- One bunch fresh collard greens
- One tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pine nuts
- One large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- One teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Two teaspoons salt
- Remove the tougher, woody stalks from the collard leaves.
- Wash the leaves and cut them into half-inch-wide strips. (You can roll them into cigars to speed this up.)
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion and cook, occasionally stirring, until translucent but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the collard greens and broth and simmer, covered, over medium heat until greens are cooked through (8 to 10 minutes).
- Serve warm.
This recipe serves 3-4. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 20-25 minutes.
Cook’s note: Delicious with beans and cornbread, or with rice.