- 1 head of Romanesco (aka Romanesco cauliflower or Romanesco broccoli), base removed and discarded, florets and stalks chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1-inch water and bring water to a boil. Place the Romanesco into the steamer basket and cover. Steam the cauliflower until tender (~6 to 8 minutes). Carefully remove the basket and pour off the water. Return Romanesco to the pan and add the butter, parsley, and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve. Can accompany most main dishes. Leftovers may be chilled and enjoyed as a healthy snack the next day.
Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.