Adapted from teczcape.com
- 1 yellow onion, small, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with the flat part of the knife
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup peas, shelled fresh (or frozen)
- 8-oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed in a colander
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 small head cabbage, outer leaves removed, washed and chopped
- ½ head cauliflower washed, florets roughly chopped
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, and coriander. Cook until onion is translucent and the mixture is fragrant about 4 minutes.
- Add the peas and garbanzos, coconut milk, and broth (or water). Reduce heat and simmer for about 8–10 minutes.
- Add chopped cauliflower and cabbage, and simmer until sauce has reduced and vegetables are soft to a fork.
- Serve with rice of your choice and/or naan bread.
Serves 3–4. Cook time, 15 minutes.