- 1/2 pound red noodle yard beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Bring 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add trimmed and cut beans to the pot and boil until crisp-tender for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and then plunge into a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain beans well, pat dry and set aside.
- In a small frying pan heat 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add sliced shallots and minced garlic and sauté over low-medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes until shallots cook through and garlic becomes aromatic. Remove from heat.
- Toss beans with fried shallots and garlic and add remaining ingredients and season with salt, to taste.
– Bridget Meigs