Recipe by Bridget Meigs
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Wash lettuce well and rip into bite-sized pieces. Dry with a salad spinner or blot dry with paper towels.
- Toss lettuce, avocado, and cucumber with vinaigrette and serve topped with goat cheese to taste.
Serves 2. Cook time, 7 minutes.
Cook’s note: You may add other vegetables of your choosing to this recipe.