Recipe by Julie Collins
- 2–3 beets, scrubbed and ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Wrap each beet individually with foil.
- Bake until beets are tender (usually between 30 minutes–1 hour depending on size).
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins.
- Slice the beets and place them in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine, adding a little more vinegar if needed.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 2–3. Time: 30 minutes–1 hr.