Adapted from newyorktimes.com
Cherry tomatoes, 1 basket (or approximately 1½ cups), washed and halved
1 large avocado (or 2 small)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or basil
¼ cup shaved parmesan, crumbled feta, or goat cheese
¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice avocado in half, remove peel and pit. Slice into ¼-inch thick pieces.
- Place cherry tomatoes and avocado into a large bowl.
- Combine citrus juice, olive oil, and cilantro or basil, and drizzle over tomatoes and avocado.
- Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and toss gently to combine.
- Top with fresh parmesan, feta, or goat cheese.
Serves 4. Prep time, 20–30 minutes.
Cook’s note: This salad is also delicious with sliced cucumber or black olives.