Recipe by Julie Collins
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 4–5 kale leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 rainbow carrots, chopped
- Shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat skillet over high heat. Coat the bottom with vegetable oil, and heat until the oil is shimmering but not smoking.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir. Add carrots and onion to skillet.
- When the garlic turns golden brown, add the rest of the vegetables. Do not cover the pan. Stir every couple of minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not mushy. Turn off the heat.
- Add wine or sherry and soy sauce to skillet; stir for 2 minutes.
- Salt to taste. Serve over steamed rice.
Serves 4–5. Time: 30–45 minutes.
Cook’s note: This recipe works with a variety of veggies. See what you have on hand and experiment!