Adapted from tastebook.com
- One small head of tatsoi leaves cut away from the bulb, rinsed and dried
- One small red onion, sliced or chopped
- One tablespoon sugar
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Two tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Wedge of lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine onion, sugar, and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onion mixture. Sauté for 1–2 minutes.
- Add tatsoi, and sauté for 3–5 more minutes, until the leaves begin to wilt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 30 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.