Adapted from epicurious.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- In a heavy skillet set over medium-high heat, cook the squash in two stages by sautéing one half of the squash in one tablespoon oil for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer the squash to a bowl. Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in the skillet and repeat the process with the second half of the squash.
- Return all the squash to the skillet and add the garlic, sautéing for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the water, salt, and pepper and simmer until the squash is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 6–7 minutes.
- Stir in basil and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.