Adapted from myrecipes.com
- One bunch asparagus
- ½ onion, peeled and carefully sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- One small basket grape or cherry tomatoes
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and discard. Combine in a bowl with rounds of onion and olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss gently to coat. Spread asparagus and onion evenly on prepared pan, leaving excess olive oil in the bowl.
- Place tomatoes in the bowl with the remaining olive oil, and toss to coat them.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until asparagus is brightly colored and still crisp and onions are just beginning to soften.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and cook an additional 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated.
Serves 3–4 as a side dish. Prep time, 5–10 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.