Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
- 2–3 stalks rhubarb, cut into ½–inch lengths (approximately 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Grated zest and juice from one orange
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced in half
- 1–2 peaches, sliced
- Toss the rhubarb with the sugar, ground cloves, and orange zest and juice, then put it in a wide skillet or pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. As soon as the rhubarb is tender, transfer it to a bowl and stir in the strawberries and peaches. Toss gently, then cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with cake or cookies.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 10–15 minutes.