Recipe by Tanya Milosevich
- 2 white nectarines
- 1 basket strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or a combination
- 1 half-pint whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 store-bought angel food cake, or other good white cake
- Slice the nectarines into a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this step with the berries in a separate bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream to soft peak, adding 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Slice the cake horizontally, 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Place a slice of cake in four small clear glass bowls or parfait glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, add a layer of nectarines, more whipped cream, then a layer of berries.
- Continue with another layer of each ingredient, finishing with the whipped cream.
Preparation time: 25 minutes. Serves 4.