Courtesy of Tanya Milosevich
- 1 head red cabbage, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 green onions, including some of the green, sliced thin
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Orange vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Toss the cabbage, carrots and green onions together in a bowl with a little salt.
- Add the orange vinaigrette and mix well.
- Top with toasted pecans.
- 1 valencia orange
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest the orange over a small bowl.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze one half into the bowl. (This will be about 2 tablespoons. You can cut up the other half in the salad, if you wish.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together.
Prep time: 20 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.
Cook’s Note: This slaw would also be good with a crumbly, salty cheese like feta or bleu.