Adapted from the traditional French recipe by Tanya Milosevich
- 1 head red butter lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into large pieces
- 2 to 3 yukon gold potatoes, steamed until tender
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pound green beans, steamed until tender
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and cut in quarters
- 1 can tuna packed in olive oil, optional
- Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Combine 1 small clove garlic, crushed, with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Place lettuce on a platter.
- Arrange remaining ingredients on top of the lettuce in an appealing fashion.
- Shake or stir vinaigrette, pour over everything, and serve.
Prep time: 30 minutes, cooking time: 20 minutes. Serves 2-3.