Adapted from seasonalchef.com
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 celeriac root
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 apples, grated or finely julienned
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 2 cups spinach or greens of choice, finely chopped (optional)
- Place the vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots, and pepper into a blender or food processor and process on high speed until well mixed. With the blender still running, slowly pour in the oil to form an emulsion.
- Trim and wash the celeriac. Cut into a fine julienne and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss. Mix in the apples, onions, radishes, yogurt and dressing.
- Serve on a bed of spinach or other greens of choice.
Serves 3–4. Prep time, 15–20 minutes.
Cook’s note: A food processor with a julienne blade comes in very handy for the celeriac.