Recipe by Meta Dunn
- One delicata squash
- Two cloves fresh garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon of minced shallot or onion)
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Cut the delicata squash in half, clean out seeds, and slice thinly (1/4 to 1/2 inch).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium-hot, and sauté minced garlic (or shallots or onions) for around 2 minutes or until garlic starts to color.
- Add in sliced delicata squash and sauté until just tender (or to your liking).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and eat as-is, or try topping with warm marinara sauce and a little Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Serves two as a side or one as an entree. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 7–10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Delicata skin is edible, so no need to peel this delicious squash!