Adapted from justvegetablerecipes.com
- ⅔ cup carrot, grated
- ⅔ cup apple, grated (peel is optional)
- ⅔ cup raw turnip, peeled and grated
- Several full lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine grated carrot, apple, and turnip in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients well, or use your own favorite salad dressing.
- Drizzle bowl contents with enough dressing to lightly coat, and chill.
- Serve each portion atop 2 or 3 lettuce leaves.
Serves 3–4 as a side salad. Prep time, 10–15 minutes.