Adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 bunch baby broccoli (ends trimmed and discarded), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 kohlrabi bulb, stems removed, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, grated zest and squeezed juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash broccoli and kohlrabi well before prepping.
- To make the sauce, boil stock and lemon juice to reduce by half. Let cool, then whisk in oil to emulsify.
- Put garlic cloves in a medium-size pot, cover with an inch or so of water, and bring to a boil.
- Place a steaming basket or metal colander over the pot, add baby broccoli, and top with kohlrabi.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and scatter with lemon zest.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until tender, carefully tossing halfway through.
- Remove to a serving dish, toss with more salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with lemon sauce, and serve.
Serves 4–6. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.