Recipe by Non-Reactive Pan, clarosouthwick.com/blog
- 10–12 Padron peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a skillet over high heat, add the salt and peppers.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes, or until the peppers start to blister on the cooked side.
- Turn peppers over and cook for two more minutes, or until peppers are blistered all over.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until peppers are tender, another 3–5 minutes or so.
- Add more salt to taste, and serve.
Serves 4. Prep time, 0 minutes; cook time, 8–10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Recipe may be doubled if quantities permit. Padron peppers pair well with toasted baguette or served with pita bread.