Recipe courtesy of Annie Main at Good Humus Produce, courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
- 3 medium unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup nuts: walnuts, almonds or any other nut
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Toast garlic in a small dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally until softened and browning, about 8 minutes.
- When cool remove and discard skins.
- Toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and fragrant 4-5 minutes.
- Process garlic, nuts, parsley, and oil until smooth in a food processor, stopping as necessary to scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Transfer mixture to small bowl and stir in cheese and salt and pepper to taste.