- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lb turnips, trimmed, peeled, halved, cut into ¼-inch wedges
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- One bunch raw kale
- One teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup raisins
- Melt butter in braising pan on medium; add turnips.
- Cook for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring, until golden brown.
- Add garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock and ½ of the kale; increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook for 3 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Uncover; add thyme and remaining kale; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook 5-7 minutes, until turnips and kale are tender.
- Stir in raisins. Serve warm.
Serves 2–3. Cook time, 25 minutes.