Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
- 2–3 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Garnish with chopped herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or thyme.
- Place whole potatoes in a pot and cover entirely with cold water leaving about an inch and a half of water on top.
- Boil potatoes just until tender or easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and run under cold water so that they are cool enough to handle.
- Dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat a heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat and add vegetable oil and onions.
- Sauté onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Then add bell pepper, potatoes, and garlic.
- Stir frequently to keep vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pan and sauté until nicely browned approximately 8 minutes.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 8 minutes; cook time, 30 minutes.