- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped green garlic, white and green parts
- 1 pound bok choy or other Asian green, rinsed, quartered and chopped (depending on size)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add garlic, then bok choy.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and salt.
- Cover, and let the baby bok choy cook down for approximately 3 minutes.
- (Like spinach, when cooked, the bok choy will wilt a bit.)
- Remove cover. Lower heat, stir and let cook for a minute or two longer until the bok choy is just tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a heavy pan over medium heat, warm almonds.
- Toss almonds regularly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat when browning lightly and fragrant.
- Gently mix almonds in with greens and serve.
Serves 4. Prep time 10 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.