Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- Wash radishes well, trim off the stems and roots, then cut in half.
- In a saucepan, bring water, vinegar, salt, and honey to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat and add the peppercorns, fennel seeds, and garlic.
- Place radishes and dill in a mason jar and pour the hot liquid over them.
- Put the lid on and let cool before refrigerating.
- Let the radishes marinate overnight before eating.
Serves 4 as a garnish or snack. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, about 4 minutes.