Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
- 6 cups spinach, well-rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 3 eggs
- Críme fraíche or cream cheese, 3-ounce container (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar or Gruyere
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- 1 prepared piecrust
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Blanch spinach in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove spinach with a slotted spoon or drain in a strainer.
- Using cheesecloth or a mesh strainer, squeeze out as much water as possible.
- By hand or with an electric mixer, beat crí¨me fraí®che or cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
- Slowly and gradually beat in milk and eggs.
- Now mix in all the rest of the ingredients and pour the mixture into the prepared piecrust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the egg filling is firm to the touch.
Serves 4–8 as a main or side dish. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 25 minutes.